chicken with apricot preserves and onion soup mix

Stir apricot preserves, dressing, and soup mix together in a medium bowl until combined. I had not made Apricot Chicken in years and decided to on a whim this week. Thank you so much for a flavorful recipe that is easy to make and throughly enjoyed by my husband and myself. Chicken thighs I prefer thighs as they dont dry out like chicken breast, but the choice is up to you, French dressing (or Russian dressing, depending on your preference), Season, your chicken with salt & pepper on both sides, Mix together all of the sauce ingredients. Join thousands of TheSuperHealthyFood subscribers and get our best recipes delivered each week! Cover and cook chicken on LOW for 6 hours. I was happy to shake up the meal plan this week since this recipe is so simple and makes enough for our family to have leftovers. BUT.. does the homemade version still have that sweet, tangy, fruity, onion-y taste? Brush wings evenly with sauce, turn wings over and brush withmore sa We're sharing simplified, adaptable, easy-to-follow recipes for the busy home cook. And if you REALLY like it, consider a review in the comments. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Made this with bone-in chicken breasts cut in half and thighs. This can be done overnight. Your email address will not be published. Dont mix the sauce with the chicken then freeze as the sauce will become watery. The sauce did taste a lot better after sitting over night. Fry the chicken in the oil until all sides are browned. In a measuring cup, whisk together onion soup mix, catalina dressing, and apricot preserves. Apricot jam: is a key component. Ah nothing like a pack of onion soup mix to make an easy, delicious dinner! Just throw all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Good substitutes are apricot preserves, peach jam or preserves or orange marmalade. Mix salad dressing, jam, and soup mix together in a bowl until well combined; pour over chicken. See notes in recipe card if youre craving it. Place chicken in a greased 913 baking dish. Maybe let it marinate for at least 1-2 hours? Chicken With Apricot Preserves And Onion Soup Mix. Your email address will not be published. Cover the baking dish with tinfoil or lid and bake at 350 for 1 hour or until chicken is cooked. Cover and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. i did forget to dry the pieces but it makes sense that the jam would melt and slide. You wont regret it. Preparation Preheat oven to 325F. Same as the jam substitutions, you can play around with using French dressing, Russian dressing, or ranch dressing. Pour the remaining mixture on top of the chicken thighs. Related Post: chicken with onions and peppers recipe. Like I said, silly issue and Im probably right, but goodness knows Ive screwed up recipes by assuming before. Talk about easy! Continue to cook the thighs until the internal temperature reaches 185 F. Add the apricot preserves, Catalina dressing, onion soup mix, pepper and pepper flakes. A sweet glaze made with apricot preserves and barbecue sauce covers these tender chicken chunks served over rice, "This is such an easy tasty recipe," promises Cindy Novak of Antioch, California. Or freeze it for up to 3 months. I have not tried this recipe yet. Crockpot: Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker and pour the mixture over the chicken. Related Post: baked chicken with lipton onion soup mix. You can add fresh apricots, add onions that have been sliced or diced, and green bell peppers. Recipe sounds delicious. I do this by taking a paper towel and laying it flat over the sauce. Required fields are marked *. It should be fixed now, thank you for letting us know! Lightly grease pan. Plus, the crispy baked chicken is basted in the dreamiest sweet-and-savory 3-ingredient apricot glaze that gives the meat a sticky, crispy exterior. Move the chicken around a little so the dressing can get under each chicken piece. I have made your chicken recipe 3 times and it is awesome. Place chicken in a greased 3-1/2 to 5-quart slow cooker. My finicky husband also raves about it. Mix well. I used both drumsticks and thighs and followed the recipe exactly. Your email address will not be published. Putting a delicious meal on the dinner table shouldnt be stressful. directions. This Chicken With Apricot Preserves And Onion Soup Mix recipe is really one of the best of its kind. Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Check us out! Im gonna use skinless chicken thighshe loves dark meat..i guess ill serve with a rice dish and vegetable. "Best of all, our son Ryan loves it.". Welcome to my farmhouse kitchen in the foothills of Virginias Blue Ridge Mountains. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. If you find the top is starting to brown too soon, you can tend it with foil to keep it from burning. Who else loves this retro recipe? 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix. Chicken thighs have a bad reputation in certain places, with some people preferring to use chicken breasts instead. Great easy recipe. Slow Cooker Crack Chicken (Cheddar Ranch Chicken), Slow Cooker Chicken and Mushroom Stroganoff. Place in a skillet that has been heated to medium high that has a good Tablespoon of oil in the bottom. I love that you can sub in any preserve you want in this dish. I may earn a small commission for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial, and/or link to any products or services from this website. Seal the bag. Theres no reason NOT to love this chicken! We hope this helps! Whether youre looking for something quick for busy weeknights or something to bring to a potluck, this crockpot apricot chicken recipe has you covered. Inspired by local traditions and seasonal fare, youll find plenty of easy, comforting recipes that bring your family together around the table. Taste the apricot sauce mixture and adjust it to your liking. Spoon the excess sauce over the rice when serving. Bake, uncovered, for about 1 hour, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F. When you want to it eat it, warm it back up in the oven set to 350. We add in 1/2 tsp of apple cider vinegar instead of the mustard. Crockpot Dishes. In a medium-sized bowl, combine apricot preserves, Catalina dressing, onion soup mix, and Dijon mustard. The apricot mixture makes for an excellent glaze. Drizzle with sauce from the slow cooker and garnish with green onions and sesame . I tried this recipe today for the first time since I hosted a dinner for 6. I will have to try it with peach preserves sometime, that sounds delicious! Ideal for unexpected guests, it requires only a few ingredients. Apricot Chicken is a delicious, easy recipe that Ive been making for years! Nutrition Facts You can have your chicken in about 25 minutes in the Instant Pot, or you can have it be cooking for hours in a CrockPot. If you find the top is starting to brown too soon, you can tend it with foil to keep it from burning. A former elementary school teacher and a current stay-at-home mom, she loves developing her creativity through her blog and her jewelry design business, Bombshell Bling Jewelry. So, does the result still have that sweet, tangy, fruity, oniony taste? Place half of the apricot mixture in a bowl and set aside. Gave this a try for dinner tonight and it did not disappoint! Required fields are marked *. Mix together the sauce ingredients. If you like this recipe, please leave a 5 star rating in the recipe card below. Dry onion soup mix How to Make Apricot Chicken Season, your chicken with salt & pepper on both sides Fry in oil until all sides are browned Mix together all of the sauce ingredients Brush half of the sauce on the chicken, and then bake for 30 minutes at 350. This recipe was absolutely delicious, I ended up using peach preserves because thats what I had in the fridge. I made this last night for my large family. Most of all, I love helping YOU get dinner ready because there's nothing more important than connecting with our loved ones around the dinner table! Place the raw chicken in a freezer bag with the apricot mixture. I remember this dinner, when she sat down at the table. Directions. Combine Preserves, Wish-Bone Russian Salad Dressing and Onion Soup Mix. Preheat oven to 375-degrees. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Has anyone tried this on chicken thats off the bone? Step One - Place the chicken into the bottom of the slow cooker. Chicken: I tend to use a whole chicken cut up to satisfy all tastes, but feel free to use whatever parts you prefer. I confess that the original version is pretty darn tasty and very simple to make. Mix the dressing, jam, and dry onion soup mix together. 2023 The Seasoned Mom. I pull up the paper towel after a few seconds and all the grease sticks to the paper towel. I use creamy french dressing. HI< Blair! Easy Apricot Chicken (only 5 ingredients) Recipe, Chicken Boneless, skinless chicken breasts or you can use chicken thighs, Catalina salad dressing(or Russian dressing), Optional ingredients: salt & pepper (to taste), a splash of soy sauce, garlic, red pepper flakes. Math never was my strongest subject, but even I can count that high. SO simple and just DELICIOUS! This classic apricot chicken is only 4 ingredients - apricot jam, onion soup mix, chicken, and French dressing. I cant get past cutting the chicken into pieces. Want to make more magic in your crockpot? I like this method when I want to shred the chicken and put it over rice. Powered by the ESHA Research Database 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Place the chicken breasts into a casserole dish. Sticky, sweet, tangy deliciousness. Sweet, sticky, and incredibly retro, you cant help but be won over by this simple apricot chicken recipe! If grilling or baking the chicken, serve with baked potatoes or roasted potatoes. This is one of those crockpot recipes to keep on hand when youre looking for a dump-and-go main course that pairs with just about anything. Mix the dressing, jam, and dry onion soup mix together. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). This apricot chicken is incredibly rich and filling, so you might find yourself having some leftover that you want to freeze for later. Place chicken in slow cooker. Spray a 913 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. A simple green salad or roasted vegetables are sides that also go well with this dish. I havent tried it, but someone suggested using cranberry sauce instead of jam. Cover the dish and bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 1 hour. All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. The choice is up to you as always, but I always let you guys know what cut of meat works the best in each recipe, then you can make your own choice! Season the chicken with salt and pepper and add it to the cast iron skillet, skin side down browning each side for 3-5 minutes before adding to the slow cooker skin side up. Mix together jam, dressing, and onion soup mix, then pour over the chicken. Step Two Add the apricot preserves, Catalina dressing, onion soup mix, pepper, and red pepper flakes. But I will soon. Required fields are marked *. You just can't go wrong with this recipe! Preserves tend to be thicker than jam because they use larger pieces of fruit instead of mashed fruit. Pour the dressing mix over the top of the chicken. Cook on Low and continue cooking for 3-4 hours. Thanks! Mix salad dressing, jam, and soup mix together in a bowl until well combined; pour over chicken. Layer those first, chicken on top, Boneless thighs are best .Pour sauce. The flavor will just be a little different as French dressing is sweeter and bolder than Catalina. I wanted to try a homemade version (well, except for the jam) to cut back on the fat, sugar and salt. I fixed the recipe. I didnt even notice I had it on there twice! Apricot preserves are mixed with classic Catalina dressing for a sweet and savory sauce mix that is absolutely delicious. Pour apricot mixture evenly over chicken and bake 40-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Bake, uncovered, for about 1 hour, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165F. The recipe makes enough sticky apricot sauce to soak into whatever youre serving with the chicken. My favorite type of recipe! I havent used the recipe on only wings, but if you dont mind the skin not being crispy, they should still taste great. In fact, our whole family loves it. In a seperate bowl mix jar of apricot preserves and packet of Lipton french onion soup mix. Season chicken on both sides with salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning and place into the baking dish. Close lid and set steam valve to a sealing position. Both of these ingredients are available gluten free. Share a photo of what you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @thekitchenmagpie or hashtag it #thekitchenmagpie. Mix Thousand Island dressing, onion soup mix and apricot preserve in a large bowl mixing well. This semi-homemade apricot chicken is a step up from that old recipe with onion soup, jam and Catalina dressing. If you only have a whole chicken on hand, heres a video on how to cut up a whole chicken. Yikes! We recommend our users to update the browser. Add the chicken and coat well. When you visit the site, Dotdash Meredith and its partners may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Tea Scones. Hi Debby! directions. Servings: 6. The choice is up to you as always, but I always let you guys know what cut of meat works the best in each recipe, then you can make your own choice! A Modern Bakers Guide to Old-Fashioned Desserts, Suppers, Potlucks & Socials: Crowd-Pleasing Recipes to Bring People Together, Subscribe to The Kitchen Magpie on YouTube. Chicken thighs have a bad reputation in certain places, with some people preferring to use chicken breasts instead. Instructions. Pour the apricot jam and soup mixture over the top of the chicken. Weve done peach, pineapple, and orange marmalade. The recipe makes extra sauce to soak into whatever youre serving the chicken with. Place chicken into the crockpot. Oh yum! In a bowl add the rest of the ingredients and whisk them together and pour half the sauce over the chicken, refrigerating the rest. Apricot Chicken travels well and is one of my go-to dishes when I bring people meals. Apricot chicken can be served with all kinds of side dishes. Serve with rice. Try some of these side dishes that are reader favorites! In a large skillet, cook chicken and garlic in oil until browned, about 6 minutes. Place chicken thighs in a 9x13-inch baking dish. Since 2007, our family has been dishing out tried and true recipes for classic, home-cooked food online. In a medium bowl, whisk together the 3 glaze ingredients (Catalina dressing, apricot jam, and dry onion soup mix). You can serve the chicken shredded or as whole pieces. Place the chicken breasts into a casserole dish. Chicken and Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Potatoes, Keto Lemon-Garlic Chicken Thighs in the Air Fryer. Get out a large oven proof skillet or pan. Store any leftover apricot chicken in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for up to 4 days. Mix until the soup mix is dissolved. Sarah is a lover of all things vintage, colorful, and BLING. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake for 45 minutes or until well done. In a bowl, combine oil, garlic and pepper, mix well. Pour glaze over chicken; spread liberally on each piece. Will definitely make this one again!! Preheat Oven to 400 degrees. It only requires mixing three ingredients and pouring the mixture over the chicken before you bake it in the oven for an hour. This easy apricot chicken recipe comes together with about 5 minutes of prep, and then the oven does the work! Pour apricot mixture evenly over chicken and bake 40-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Heat the oil in the skillet. Enter your email below to get our recipes sent to your inbox when a new one is published! We need new flavors and my oldest just moved home after 6 years in the army. Please rate this recipe in the comments below to help out your fellow cooks! (-) Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil for easier clean-up. Using preserves like apricot jam with meat might seem strange to the modern cook, but it is actually a classic way to brighten up dishes and transform even a boring chicken into an incredibly tasty dinner. Required fields are marked *. Only 4 ingredients to this sweet and tangy apricot chicken. This Apricot Chicken recipe is a much better version of that old recipe with onion soup, jam and Catalina dressing. Your email address will not be published. I often serve it as one of my Rosh Hashanah recipes because it is so popular with kids. Using your hands on the outside of the sealed bag, shake or squeeze the contents of the bag to distribute the sauce evenly. You could even use an entire broken-down chicken instead of just thighs in this recipe, but make sure that your breasts dont overcook. Dont Forget to Share a Pic of What You Made! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Cover and cook on LO heat 5-7 hours. You can better control the salt, sugar and fat. What is the sauce? Try it with peppers, onions, pineapple, and, of course, apricots! In a small bowl, combine the apricot preserves, barbecue sauce, water and onion soup mix. ), Baked Cauliflower With Cheese and Brown Crispy Edges, Juicy Ground Chicken Burgers with Mango Salsa. Beyond the world of recipes, she loves adventuring with everything from kayaking, to cruising, to snowboarding and taking the family along for the thrill ride. The chicken comes out nice and tender and shreds easily. The Magical Slow Cooker is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. One of the most common ways to serve this shredded chicken is over a bed of cooked white rice or brown rice. Definitely! How come? This tried and true easy apricot chicken is perfect for your next holiday dinner or just a simple family meal. Preheat oven to 350F degrees. They're great served with rice. I love coming home and having dinner DONE. Add wings and toss until evenly coated. Im going to try next time i make this. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil; coat with cooking spray. Check the labels at the store. Apricot Chicken III AllRecipes onion soup mix, apricot nectar, apricot halves, chicken thighs Smoked Mackerel Spred Swirling Flavors olive oil, red salmon, pink salmon, cheddar cheese, black pepper and 70 more Apricot Marinated Chicken. WHOOPS! Add the rest of the sauce to the chicken and cook until the internal temperature reads 185. Home | What We're Eating | 3-Ingredient Glazed Apricot Chicken. Have you ever stopped making a recipe for no reason? In a medium bowl, whisktogether the 3 glazeingredients (Catalina dressing, apricot jam, and dry onion soup mix). Happy cooking! Remove the cover and bake another 15-20 minutes. Bake. Directions Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more. things you can serve with it. Do a quick release when done. Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking pan with two layers of foil and place chicken into the pan. Since the meal only requires about 5 minutes of hands-on prep time, its one of those easy, go-to dinners for busy nights. bottle of Catalina, Russian, or French dressing (I use Russian). Note: A lowfat salad dressing may be substituted . I double the sauce mixture, add peppers Broccoli mushrooms and pineapple to the recipe. I cooked two chicken breasts and the sauce was good with chicken but most of it slid off the chicken and was wasted because it just burned black. Prepare according to recipe. A teaspoon or two of Dijon mustard or soy sauce, Add some heat with 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes. Mix well. Sprinkle with Onion Soup Mix, and place a spoonful of Apricot Jam on top of each chicken piece. We respect your privacy. Remove chicken from oven and remove from pan momentarily. Ingredients: 14 (flour .. garlic .. honey . All rights reserved. The ingredients are minimal and are considered some of the most common pantry staples that can easily be found at your local grocery store. Sweet, sticky, and incredibly retro, you cant help but be won over by this simple apricot chicken recipe! The sweetness of the apricot jam and the tart spiciness of the Russian dressing combine together wonderfully, and the onion soup mix brings all of the salty, savory flavors that you crave with a roast chicken! Youre a true chef in our eyes, Rhonda! Cover the dish and bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 1 hour. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Place the chicken in a baking pan, and pour Italian Dressing over. Author: Melissa Jennings. See my privacy policy for details. Pour over chicken. I served it with jasmine rice & steamed broccoli, the entire family loved. The slow, gentle cooking time will gradually cook the thighs, releasing all of their natural flavors, and enhancing the sauce at the same time. Used to call this Not the Same Old Chicken. Same recipe ingredients except pineapple preserves instead of apricot. Make it all the time. So good. Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade. Let cool a bit and serve. Pressure Cooker Recipes. In a medium sized bowl mix together the apricot preserves, Russian dressing, and one package of dry onion soup mix. You can prepare it pretty much any way youd like! For easy clean-up, line a roasting pan or a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Instead of using French dressing, you could also make your own homemadeRussian dressing recipe! Stir the sauce ingredients together over the chicken. Cut the chicken breasts into 1-inch chunks. Stay up to date and subscribe to mynewsletterand follow along onFacebook,Instagram,Pinterest, Tik Tok,andYouTube. For a side salad, I would go with a citrus salad with greens or a broccoli and cauliflower salad with avocado dressing. Try it- you will love it! Mom, dad,andthe kids will love it! Combine apricot preserves, Catalina dressing, onion soup mix, honey, mustard, and nutmeg, and 1/4 cup of water and stir well. Your email address will not be published. A version of this traditional apricot chicken recipe originated at the Lipton company. The Magical Slow Cooker Recipes Chicken Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken, by Sarah Olson on March 3, 2023 | Updated April 27, 2023 28 Comments. Shared recipe with friends and family and all have raved about it! Mix together the Asian sesame salad dressing, apricot preserves, and onion soup mix packet. Sounds silly, but we all know that one wrong direction is the difference between dinner and the compost pile you mention adding preserves twice. Place chicken in a large sealing freezer bag. In my family that is a miracle. This recipe is still not fixed. facebook twitter instagram pinterest youtube. Yes. Shred the chicken with two forks or leave the chicken breasts or thighs whole. Slow Cooker Instructions: We are no longer supporting IE (Internet Explorer) as we strive to provide site experiences for browsers that support new web standards and security practices. Sometimes a little ginger . If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. In a bowl, combine the onion soup mix, apricot jam, and salad dressing. Apricot chicken is a sweet and savory dish that can be cooked and served in a variety of ways. Were your place for more than 1,000 actionable, traditional recipes to serve and celebrate your friends and family. What can I substitute for onion dip? Instructions. I thought Id try ahomemade version(well, except for the jam) to cut back on the fat, sugar, and salt. Your email address will not be published. square baking dish. See notes in the recipe if youre craving it. My husband said it was so good and had seconds. Adding water to the bottom seems to fix this problem. Or, for a different take on chicken, why not try this Honey Garlic Instant Pot Chicken Thighs recipe? Make this easy, flavorful apricot chicken in the oven, slow cooker, pressure cooker, or even on the grill. In a mixing bowl, combine salad dressing, apricot preserves and dry soup mix.

Mobile Homes For Rent In Rock Hill, Sc, Tji Joist Calculator, Springhaven Golf Club Membership Cost, Articles C

chicken with apricot preserves and onion soup mixBe the first to comment on "chicken with apricot preserves and onion soup mix"

chicken with apricot preserves and onion soup mix

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. blaga petreska biografija.