hobie power skiff forum

Subscribe here to get the latest updates news on all things fishing and hunting right to your inbox, Some of the add-ons on this site are powered by. hey maybe Hobie is getting nostalgic and wanted to recreate a piece of their history again. These boats are bulletproof, unsinkable, and solid as a rock. Front and Rear Anchor . It has never been run in salt water. JavaScript is disabled. Awesome Seaworthy skiff designed to be beach launched!! 2007 Triton 220 LTS - Merc 250 ProXS - MotorGuide - Bennett - Lowrance - Power Pole - TH Marine -. I'm on the fence about the bow rail, I need to get out in some rough water to see how often it gets used, it's in great condition. In fact it slid off the trailer backing down a concrete ramp with the result of only a small leak around the drain plug which I drain a couple gallons every couple trips. If you could email me the photos, thatd be great. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. I also do not mean to take anything away from this great forum. As much as I totaly "love" mine that step into console would be totaly unacceptable. you are correct. Started Yesterday at 01:19 PM, By This lightweight boat can boogie fast with its Yamaha 60 two stroke. It's easy! Contact for more pictures. Appreciate the help! Started Thursday at 01:54 PM, By Just bought my skiff back from my neighbor after stupidly selling it and just missing another Hobie that just sold in Bradenton for $ 2400. The boat is in excellent condition and has been well taken care of and always covered when not in use. New to the forum, in the process of rebuilding a 15' Hobie power skiff. Mike. I hope they weren't sold shipped off over seas (no pun intended). anyway, here's another picture where you can see the console from the front. On mine, i located the delam spot, drilled a bunch of holes thru the first layer of glass to where it goes to foam, then bought some cartridges of west system 610 thickened epoxy. . Outboard has power trim and tilt and . This was in a "for sale" ad from a guy that is selling a HPS. Not messed with at all. Come join the discussion about engines, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, fishing, boating, poles . Started January 23, 2014, By Mon May 20, 2019 5:27 pm. It is a great looking skiff, sheerline and all. BD Outdoors began as a forum-based fishing community to connect saltwater anglers and provide a home to share the latest fishing reports and news. Was this just an available package without the boxes, or does it appear the deck has been redone and raised? Photo 1 if anyone is interested in it, PM me, and i'll see if i can find his email address for you. Link to post Share on other sites. These boats are bulletproof, unsinkable, and solid as a rock. Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA tem3cae97e487, Thoughts on the black hole striped bass special rods. Today at 1:54 AM. Any ideas or pic's you all have would be appreciated! Thanks for the kind words. 29ft Radon - 15ft Hobie Power Skiff Jun 15, 2015 #40 kj6883 said: Hey Mark, time to bring it up to Shaver. Marcel_Karssies I was thinking of building a console with glass over wood process, however I have found some consoles that cost less than it would to build one.. The boat is in excellent condition and has been well taken care of and always covered when not in use. A hobie power skiff was made by the hobie people in the 1980's. As I understand it, it was designed as a 15' boat intended to be beach launched into the ocean- so the hull can absorb some pretty good chop, and the scuppers can let the water out the back about as fast as it comes in. Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc. 12 gallon tank . I want to repower but I'm having trouble finding any information about this boat. Just make sure you dont bond your weights to the deck when epoxy squeezes out of the holes. Jasbutler@gmail.com . brushfly one thing i did notice is if you compare the specs in this article to the other marketing documents posted earlier in this thread they are a little different, here its say weight is 425 lbs.. where the other article. I love old center consoles. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Tank and batteries are in the console w/an aquaworld live well immediately forward. HPS has a cult following and can handle chop ver, I am selling my Hobie Power Skiff with a 1995 Johnson 50HP (j50tleod). Started Friday at 05:55 PM, By You need to register here in order to participate. Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc. A minn kota with ipilot would probably be a better investment up here, but I'd replace the deck first Whats wrong with the existing front casting deck? The boat may take on a little water with the scuppers open at rest but it won't sink. I really look forward to hearing your opinions and ideas. picked up a hobie power skiff , 50 Nissan TLDI motor Transom is bad - owner put a piece of angle iron across the transom . Last owner had her for 12 years and pretty much exclusively used her in fresh water, garage kept. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. . BD Outdoors began as a forum-based fishing community to connect saltwater anglers and provide a home to share the latest fishing reports and news. This is one of the most well made and capable small boats Ive ever owned. Today at 1:55 AM. Power skiff has a 2 stroke 35hp mercury Runs great. Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:26 pm. You can set up an alert on Google to let you know when any new entries on the web with the phrase "Hobie Power Skiff" show up. That stuff works miracles, and its only like $20 a cartridge. I"ve picked my days and went quite far from shore, as far as Provincetown (18 miles one way) once. Penn Fathom 15LD-2. The matching upholstery is all new. He had all work done at a local marina and in good shape for its age. Latest: fishharvester. From the pics the deck doesn't look original height and is missing the battery boxes in the back. Light and rocket launcher tower. JavaScript is disabled. Fun little skiff. needs some TLC. Waiting on title. Hope to bend some plexiglass with a heat gun for the windshield! i received an email from the guy that was selling it. Please stay tuned for updates. (704) 956-1145 Jack of all trades master of none! You are using an out of date browser. -Matt. Go ahead and pump a whole bunch of that stuff into the holes you drilled and then set a bunch of bricks on top, or anything heavy, and wait till it dries. Boggy Creek Boats in Fernandino Beach, FL makes a V-14 and V-16 that look alot like the Hobie and he will custom build it.The 16 is rated for 75 hp but don't know about the 14. Though the site is just in the beginning stages, I hope that you guys can all head over and sign up on the new forum. Started October 27, 2022, By You need to register here in order to participate. Wave afterwave They are just like a tube of silicone that u use with a caulking gun, and it premixes at the nozzle. Loving it. It has a blown 25hp mercury mariner on it but the hull is pretty solid. SmartMarineGuide New York, NY - All rights Has a 1990. I have composites experience but for motorcycles with raw carbon and glass, so no knowledge of gelcoat Can i sand most of it away, fill with fairing compound, prime then paint? Started Thursday at 01:54 PM, By Is it possible to move this to the general posts? 2023 Hobie iTrek 9 Ultralight. 1985 Hobie Power skiff. Sweet little skiff. I've been lurking this site for three years and finally did enough research and had enough luck to pick up this 1989 Power Skiff. Copyright StripersOnline, Inc. 1999-2023 With everyone's participation, the forum can grow into a great resource for us enthusiasts. When I got it I thought it was pricy and asked a friend who had sold them a few years previously about them. After the rain we got a couple weeks ago I took the boat to the ramp and when I pulled the plug untold amounts of water came out, and my fiberglass guy George showed me my transom needed some work, soooo, I'm having him remove the whole deck to strengthen it from the inside out, plus refoaming. Of the boats listed, Hobie offers familiar boat hull types and designs including trimaran. I got boinkeddamn..now to get it fixed. Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA Manage Consent Close Beautiful boat my friend, beautiful in truth. tem3cae97e487. Frequently asked questions about Hobie Sailing or forums issues. First Name Needs nothing.-Foam filled Hobie hull -25 hp 4 stroke Mercury, year 2006 on mo, 1985 15.5 foot. Save. I found a cool magazine article on our favorite boat, so I thought that I'd post it here for all of you to enjoy. This boat is super maneuverable and fun to drive. I will post pictures when the shrink wrap comes off. It has all new controls and rigging and its original gelcoat. I will be running a cooler seat with the console.. P.S. 26. H. . Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. Started January 23, 2014, By Shop Safely: Protect Your Money. I cleaned it up, took the old stripes and front decal off it. They can fish offshore, inshore, and launch in mild surf. Save Share. Hobie Power Skiff. 225 Stereo: Jenson MS2013BT AM/FM/CD Jenson 6.5 Speakers Yamaha 704 Remote Control, Private Seller Great set-up. I've found one close to my house that has been on a trailer for a few years, so I'm going to approach the owner once he decides to open up his "shore" house for the season. Question/Comments (optional) The cal boogie has a yamaha 90 2 stroke, Runs great. 1988 Hobie Power Skiff 15 ft Fisherman, 2012 60 hp Etec, Minn Kota power drive w/ipilot, Lowrance 12 triple shot, 2018 Wesco aluminum trailer, I am selling my Hobie Power Skiff with a 1995 Johnson 50HP (j50tleod). Have been looking for that article for a long time. Available Soon. Email me and I'll send you a couple of pics. You are using an out of date browser. I suppose that it would be nice if you wanted to run 20 miles out, by yourself, carrying as little gear as possible, every week, While you're at it, maybe you can tow me out in my kayak and drop me off. Be sure: Get a boat history report|Finance this boat|Get an insurance quote|. Started by doyle007, January 31, 2006. . But will not remove or cut the bow rail to do so. Evening Full Sunbrella Boat, I am selling my Hobie Power Skiff with a 1995 Johnson 50HP (j50tleod). Honda 50hp outboard. Love this boat, but need a little more space for the crew. He'll also be rebuilding the transom and he's looking into installing a below the deck poly fuel tank. There were 2 versions of the boat the small original one that had well-documented delam issues and the later, wider one, which I liked, for a power boat. Today, BD has grown into the leading digital media platform for all things saltwater . Tucked away at the edge of the show area was this little red center console skiff. Except for a mushy transom now, just about everything is foam cored and strong. Thank you! I also have found a classic Aquasport 170 that looks prime for the picking. My only misgiving at the time of purchase was there were no cleats or rod holders included. This is the original. Hope this helps. Come join the discussion about engines, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, fishing, boating, poles, maintenance, and more! Bid with confidence , this boat looks and performs great. Upgraded the seat (have the original teak seat frame), new 12-gallon fuel tank, new fuel line, new LED nav lights, New battery box and cooler hold down kit arrives today. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 11 of 11 Posts . By Ifound this forum while researching a Hobie Power Skiff I purchased last month. Custom raised plexiglass windshield, heavy duty spray skirt to keep you dry with additional removable hard top.40hp Yamaha 2-stroke with low hours and oil injection system built-in. Today, BD has grown into the leading digital media platform for all things . I live in Bradenton, FL part of the year. Hey guys. It i one of the cleanest Hobie's you'll find.The motor has been very reliable and easy to work on. It has spent much of its life in a barn. Because of this I just launched www.hobieskiff.com . They can fish offshore, inshore, and launch in mild surf. Anyway, I've found a couple of more pictures of the Hobie Power Skiffs. Bait tank with new water pump. BTW, I live in Navarre, so now you know another panhandle microskiff lover. You are using an out of date browser. Outboard has power trim and tilt and runs great with a stainless steel kelp cutter. Original Power Skiff promo video from the 80's. Has Bluetooth stereo. Cal boogie has a center console only. Marcel_Karssies Now if we can only get BAyliner to sell that mold to a decent company . Have originalinvoice and all service receipts. OLD Fishing Boats For Sale Classified Ads. 1985 Hobie Power Boats Power Skiff,1985 Hobie PS with 2001 Yamaha 50hp - 2 owner boat - we've had since 1991. I live in Panama City. Best Time to Contact 1 - 20 of 36 Posts. Expect a poling platform, front casting deck and livewell setup soon. I am looking to purchase a 15' hobie power skiff sport or fisherman model (would prefer hull only but will consider all). Boats are on trailers and ready to go. I have not visited in about a year, so I haven't read all of the recent posts, but thought I would share a nugget of info for other users - we discovered that the best way to effectively plug the large scupper holes (which we love) is to use lacrosse balls - they are hard but flexible rubber which will totally seal the scupper and stay in place, but can be easily removed. New prop and newer controls. I had one for a year when i was a teenager and it fell apart, a whaler I purchased to replace it, the original 13, is much better-. That is probably the best way, unless you can figure out how to set up an alert on Craigslist to do the same thing. These vessels are usually favored for traditional boating boating pursuits including watersports, overnight cruising and sailing. Sign up for a new account in our community. Hi all, I recently inherited a 13' hobie power skiff from my grandfather. Started January 23, 2014, By 1; 2; . Come join the discussion about engines, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, fishing, boating, poles, maintenance, and more

Dianna De La Garza Age, Articles H

hobie power skiff forumBe the first to comment on "hobie power skiff forum"

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. blaga petreska biografija.