jandy jxi check ign steps error

Lets ask @Pool Clownand @jimmythegreek. I've checked the igniter and it seems fine. I had the heat and air guy come out and he found the inlet and outlet for gas and the numbers were fine. Next step is the blower itself. If there are no terminals visible, you may need to remove the cover first. +1 ignitor most likely I had to replace mine after 1 season. Here is what I know so far: - water switch operates correctly (closes when there is water flow, open when no flow - yes, I have an ohm meter and know how to use it..), - Gas line pressure 7.5 inches water column into the heater and at inlet to gas valve, - Manifold pressure 2.5 inches when gas valve opens and heater attempts to light (this is the required pressure according to the sticker on the air plenum cover), - induces draft fan (blower works fine, pressure in the burner throat is the required 1.0 inches of water column), - ignitor glows red hot when control calls for it to attempt to light. Vocational, Technical or Tra. This may mean you need to do more in-depth work to determine if it is faulty. Seemed to fire up normally, whoosh and heat blowing etc. The heater worked fine last season right before winter. Next when the blow starts wiggle the connectors at each sensor and see if that makes the gas valve open. I should also add if you do not have training and experience with gas plumbing please get a qualified gas plumber to do this for your. We have a Jandy LXi 250 heater for our salt water pool. Youll notice a side with different terminals when you turn the pressure switch around. the pressure switch, vacuum switch, and high limits (there are two though I believe you would get Hi-Limit fault. Display as a link instead, After about four minutes, it shuts off and gives me a "FAULT CHECK IGN CONTROL" message on the display. It may not display this or other websites correctly. ivereplaced the presssure switch, blower pressure switch, ignition control unit, gas valve and flame sensor. New pool / heater (Jandy JXI400P), running on propane. Pasted as rich text. Remove the wires from the terminals of the gas valve. If it does you don't need to replace the igniter. Check the fuse or reset the breaker. Not solid either. The sign next to it says it is an Ignition fault. When I look at the troubleshooting section it says to ensure nothing is beneath the heater. The clicking I hear is the igniter turning off I guess. Why does my pool heater say HP? Also, the 5 wires going to the blower are all thick wires in a molex type of plug. The reason is simple: TFPC (Trouble Free Pool Care) is a methodology, not a product that you must purchase. It's been months since we turned it on but today we tried turning it on and. They are all too busy. Hi all!We have a Jandy LXi 250 heater for our salt water pool. You cannot paste images directly. An error message saying CHECK IGN CONTROL can appear when this issue occurs. If your blower is running, igniter glowing, and you hear a gas valve click this means all the safety devices are in "safe" condition and the fenwal has called for gas valve to open. I couldn't even wedge my voltmeter wires in there if I wanted to. It is being practiced by thousands of pool owners just like you. I'm guessing air must be pumped into the fire box or else the fire could not breathe, right? What causes a pool heat exchanger to fail? The only thing I'd do before you verify the warranty is reset it by turning breaker off then on again. Then it worked for 2 months and now will not fire up. You can usually remove a cap off the bottom. Write Review Jandy JXi/LXi Ignition Control Kit | R0456900 $392.48 - start sequence - blower comes on (seems to have one speed, I read in earlier posts where perhaps some other models have a blower with more than 1 speed); about 30 seconds later you can hear the gas valve solenoid open (and confirmed by manometer using the pressure tap on the burner side of the valve), valve stays open for about 6 or 7 seconds, the flame never lights; then unit cycles 3 times until it kicks out with the ignition alarm code on the LCD. Low gas supply pressure can also cause a Jandy JXi pool heater ignition fault. When it starts up it only burns for. The diagnostic light does not come on. If it reads less, the sensor is defective and must be replaced. I see the heater smoking (not on though), and I quickly shut off breakers for entire system involving pool. Jandy Pro Series Gas-Fired Pool and Spa Heater, Pro Series JXi Gas-Fired Pool and Spa Heater, Jandy JXi 400 Installation And Operation Manual (48 pages), Indoor and Outdoor Shelter Exhaust Conversion, Indoor and Outdoor Shelter Exhaust Termination, Inspection and Replacement of Existing Vent System with New Components, Connect the Digital Differential Manometer, Pump Sizing for Replacement in an Existing Pool, Install Pressure Relief Valve Kit # R0336101, Auxiliary Components, Chlorinators, Ozone Generators, and Sanitizing Chemicals, Connecting to a Remote Pool-Off-Spa Selector (3-Wire Connection), Connecting to an Aqualink Control System or Remote TSTAT (2-Wire Connection), To Restore Heater Control Panel Functionality after Connecting to an External Controller, Cabinet Assembly Spare Parts List and Exploded Parts Diagram, Heat System Spare Parts List and Exploded Parts Diagrams, Water System Spare Parts List and Exploded Parts Diagrams, Electrical System Spare Parts List and Exploded Parts Diagrams, Jandy JXi 400 Installation And Operation Manual (56 pages), Auxiliary Components, Chlorinators, Ozone Generators and Sanitizing Chemicals, Install Pressure Relief Valve Kit #R0336102, 11.3 Cabinet Assembly Spare Parts List and Exploded Parts Diagram. I've checked the igniter and it seems fine. Next time it fails, without doing anything else, check for voltage across the air switch terminals and the water pressure switch terminals. You must log in or register to reply here. Doheny's DIY Pool Care Help Center. When I run it, I took panel off, LED on panel not blinking at all. The reason is simple: TFPC (Trouble Free Pool Care) is a methodology, not a product that you must purchase. 15. Set the multimeters test control to mV,. You must log in or register to reply here. TRIED REPLACING FLAME SENSE ROD, SAME THING. 16. Jandy Pool Heater Won't Ignite [7 Easy Solutions] 1. I had a similar problem on my LXi,but finally worked mine down to the air pressure switch. The pool heater is giving me a fault ign check steps, Jandy pro series jxi400p, Yes we called pool company closed for Ask an Expert Home Improvement Questions Pool And Spa Repair The pool heater is giving me a fault ign check steps, Jandy Gaztech1, HVAC Technician Pool and Spa 2,717 Experience: HVAC technician Verified Manual Display as a link instead, Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. I hear a click after about a minute, two minutes, and three minutes. It only allows flow when the temperature control requires heat and all safety safeguards are in place. The start sequence almost completes going through spinning up the fan and heating up the ignighter then there's this loud buzz and it stops the cycle. Do I need to use a mirror on the bottom of the heater? I'd like to at least confirm that before risking my life with the 120vAC.. The best method is to remove the air from the gas line. Easy replacement. Long-term exposure to high amounts of free chlorine (more than 5 ppm) will induce degradation and premature heat exchanger failure. You will get much more visibility by. Faulty Pilot 7. I'm not sure what else to try. Trying to look up ways to troubleshoot, Im out of warranty, but Im comfortable working with panel. So I opened up our Jandy Legacy LRZ 399,000 to replace the insulation panels. Natural gas is bone dry. I assume they were living in there this past winter. JavaScript is disabled. *sigh*. An additional puzzling item you describe is the lack of red LED flashing. It may not display this or other websites correctly. Make sure your pump lid is free of cracks and the O-ring is smooth and undamaged to ensure a perfect seal and no air leaks. Pool and equipment are about six years old. The code that appears on the display says Check IGN Steps and then shuts down. Sounds like the place that installed isn't a warranty station. Go figure!! I read through the manual and found the whole ignition process (something like pre-blower, check air pressure sensor to let blower keep going, 15 second purge, then igniter gets warmed up, then gas, lastly flame sensor lets it stay on or kills the gas). Can you walk me through the steps? I will need to rig up some kind of coat hanger or something to pull out some of that debris under there. Raypak low NOx heater only works if I hot start it, I'm out of my mind, what am I missing? Look at the glass eyeball to see if you see the igniter glowing. I backwashed and that seemed to go away. There are several potential causes, most pretty easy to fix but require taking some of the heater panels off. Special Precautions for LP Gas. ILL LET YOU KNOW HOW I MAKE OUT. Stupid question: Doesn't the blower fire up and purge the system BEFORE the igniter is triggered? However, tonight, it had one. The flame sensor is an electrode that the ignition control uses to detect the rectification of current flowing through the flame. 39. Get the leads and connect one on each terminal once youve located the terminals. No other "low-hanging fruit" you guys can think of? Having the same problem. Hopefully, now you have the answer to your question, Why is my Jandy pool heater not working?. Shortly after opening the pool, I had to replace a cracked igniter. Powered by Invision Community, Inground, Fiberglass and Aboveground Swimming Pools, Jandy Heater - Check IGN Steps @ 82-85 degrees. Inspect the gas supply inlet pressure. You can post now and register later. What if there's a bunch of debris under the heater, could that be interfering with the blower? For your pool heater to run, you need the fan to run at a certain pace. My manual says there is a window to look in with heating coils and an orange glow. Do you have a variablespeed, or two speed pump on this system? Not sure what else to check. Our installer could not find anything wrong with the unit, so he surmised it was caused by insufficient gas pressure. Your next thing to do is to verify gas supply. Looking for a Jandy tech in the Western PA (Pittsburgh) area that might be able to help? Your link has been automatically embedded. Same error. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The possible causes include- fluctuating filter pump pressure, faulty flame sensor, bad pressure sensor, damaged fan/switch tubing, fan not operating or running slowly, restricted airflow, low gas supply pressure, malfunctioning gas valve, and air in the gas line. Also, there should be a debris trap close to the heater. Fluctuating filter pump pressure can cause the pump to burn out, lower water flow, and filter pressure problems. I also noticed right now the heater says "no flow" because my pump was off. So, without a working igniter, you cant get your Jandy pool heater to light up. You'll hear a loud metallic click when the relay opens the valve. After doing so, the heater started up just fine for about a week. October 26, 2021 in All Swimming Pools Types. I am having the same issue, but if I remove the yellow wire from the pressure sensor the fault light on the igniter comes on any ideas? WISH I COULD FIND A COMPETENT SERVICE CO. THAT KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE DOING SO I COULD WORK ON CARS INSTEAD OF MY POOL HEATER. Gave it maybe 5-10 minutes. Pool and equipment are about six years old. Your link has been automatically embedded. I'd guess flow issue, but that's a guess. Little over 4 years old. I have a jandy LXI 400p. Installed winter of 2015. Click to reveal Apparently the bracket that holds it rusted and broke in half. There's a round hole that you can put a pencil in the hole to release the latch then swing it out to latch it out about 90 degrees. When that happened, I'd switch it off and back on again and it would run without trouble. Jandy Pro Series JXi Pool Heater Troubleshooting Guide. It rarely fails and it's very expensive so it's worth confirming before you just replace it. You are using an out of date browser. The reason is simple: TFPC (Trouble Free Pool Care) is a methodology, not a product that you must purchase. It should flash 3 times indicating ignition lock out if no flame is detected. One other thing to mention is that I noticed what appear to be dried mouse droppings inside the heater. You've already tried the very simplest stuff so here's what I'd do next: The sight glass is glowing. Whenever he finds the perfect solutions to any issues of heating appliances after doing in-depth research, he loves to share them with his readers. He also checked the inlet gas but not the outlet. PoolSpaForum.com You will have to replace it. 5 5 comments Best Add a Comment TehSpaz 5 yr. ago It may just have had a defect from the factory, it happens. You will get much more visibility by. Drain the water into the grass. The heater will turn on if the pump is running when the water temperature falls below the set point. Bad Pressure Switch 4. Once done trying to turn on the heat threw FAULT-CHECK IGN CONTROL. This switch has air tubes plugged into the main fire box down below. You can verify what the gas valve relay sounds like by closing the gas valve and jumping 24 vac to the gas valve connectors. Thx mike sounds to me like a fuseable link has failed in the exaust. I usually check these by disconnecting all power to the unit and then use my screwdriver to see if I can manually turn the fan blades. Spring opening. If you run out of time before the controls time out shut down and repeat until all the wires are checked. Let's look at various approaches to fix faulty combustion. It is being practiced by thousands of pool owners just like you. Never had a new heater with clogged jets, but i guess anything is possible while the heater is waiting in distribution. Did you cycle the breaker after recommended? Cloudflare Ray ID: 7c0d33835de9a483 Hello , This is an inactive thread. If not, the blower motor may be at fault. Could be a connection issue. If the hot surface igniter is glowing, it isn't getting hot enough. Since they put the heater and pool filter main on same circuit I can't run the entire thing now. Carefully open the lid as the while you are going through the ignition sequence. Page 1 OPERATION MANUAL Jandy Pro Series Gas-Fired Pool and Spa Heater Models 200, 260, 330, 400 If these instructions are not followed exactly, a fire or explosion may WARNING result, causing property damage, personal injury, or death. Let's take it step by step STEP 1: TRANSFORMER CHECK If your heater has no power at all, check the circuit breaker or look for a popped GFCI outlet. Please consider. I checked every wire going from the panel to the gas valve, they all look fine, the jumpers on the valve that connect to the on off toggle to the relay, and the weird swiveling connection 90 degrees to the on off switch are all connected, no corrosion. . Fan Not Operating Or Running Slow 6. I could have too much debris there, I don't know.. For one (1) year from the date of retail purchase, Zodiac Pool Systems LLC (Zodiac) warrants all Jandy branded pool heaters to be free of manufactured defects in materials and workmanship. Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated as I wait for the gas company to install a new meter in about 3 weeks.. which I do not really expect to solve the problem. Your previous content has been restored. Your heater will not ignite correctly if there is air in your gas line. I keep reading the intake is on the bottom of the heater, but then there's this air pressure slider on the side which is adjustable. I traced this using the trouble shooting guide to the air pressure sensor. Section 12. David is a man who loves doing research and finding out the best solution to any type of heating appliance issues like heaters and fireplaces. It's very easy if you have a voltmeter. Vocational, Technical or Tra. It looks like it normally does, even lets me choose between Pool or Spa. That usually happens to a service tech at least once. What does ENA mean in a Jandy pool heater? Bad Igniter 5. So, your heater wont light up if the airflow is restricted. I was depending on the main regulator at the meter. I saw the spa hit 100 deg and got my suit on. Cycles through 3 times but won't ignite. First, ensure that the multimeter is set to the test with the lowest resistance.

Outdoor Ev Charger Enclosure, Riverbend Detention Center Phase 3, Articles J

jandy jxi check ign steps errorBe the first to comment on "jandy jxi check ign steps error"

jandy jxi check ign steps error

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. blaga petreska biografija.