shahi caste in nepal

That intricate stratified structure essentially functions as a check on peoples ability to object to, challenge or question, and overturn the excesses of the caste system. [3] Thakuri traditionally constituted the ruling and warrior classes. Calverton, Maryland,USA: Macro International Inc. [Added Jan. 17, 2021. This will hopefully give you a little motivation to study Nepali today. We belong to newar community as well from Bhaktapur. What percentage would have been arranged inter-caste nuptials? 6 Easy Steps, Knowing Top Nepali Scientists Around The World; 11 Names, Some Of The Most Hilarious Yet Meaningful Old Nepali Adult Proverbs :), Nepalese Notes Among Worlds Most Beautiful; Represent Animals & Stand Out In Colors Combination & Simplicity, 39 Timeless Photographs Of Historic Nepal You Must See, Bindu Pariyar Won The Case But No She Is Not Going To Get Rs 72 Crore, The Truth Behind Narayan Gopal And Chandani Shah, Top 6 Best Kept Secret Places Around Kathmandu Valley, Know Why Nepal Is The Country With The Fastest Growing Christianity In The World. As it was an arranged marriage, we were made to meet through an aunt who was known to both of us, explains Aditi. I dont know but I wouldnt put my money on it! All of the Nepali ceremonies were conducted and many Indian traditions were incorporated as well. Despite the variety of cultures in Nepal and the different kinds of marriages, Nepali weddings remain constant in one thing: color. Shah surname usually represents the Bania caste in Jain and Hindu communities. (And I illustrate this point with no intention of ill will but purely for academic argument based on our societys past) A Shrestha will not marry Shahi because of the very Manusmriti based notions of caste/varna where a Shrestha thinks the Shahi is ritually unclean, the touch of that person will defile the Shrestha and will require purification. [40] See also Caste system in Nepal Hinduism in Nepal Patriarchs of families from other villages, for instance, have likely never or rarely visited the homes of Tangbetani carrying a bottle of their best home-made brew, or vise-versa! We are acharju newar but it is not mentioned here, We are Acharju Newar but it is not mentioned here and our gotra is Upamanya. We were really tired so we ended up leaving the venue at 11:00 p.m. Two weeks after the wedding, the couple travelled to Bali for their honeymoon. Saha Caste is expressly excluded from Sunri, a Scheduled Caste notified in the notification issued by the President in relation to the State of West Bengal which is conclusive. I wish they had stopped talking to each other after that and this day would not have come.. That naturally leads to at the very least distrust of and at the worst fear of others. Discrimination on the basis of caste was outlawed in Nepal in 2006. Nepal is said to be a harmonious garden of 4 castes and 36 ethnicities. The first day of Prabodh Shahi and Aditi Ranas wedding celebration. Saha as a distinct sub-caste did not flourish in Bengal before the mid-nineteenth century. I agree with pretty much every single major point you make! Yes . Ad Choices. So a Newar Shrestha/Shahi comparison is appropriate when compared with Chhetri/Damai or even more aptly with Madheshi Rajput/Kalwar groups. "[7] One of the Thakuri Shah ruler of Gorkha,[4] King Ram Shah, also attempted to forge recognition of kinship relations from the Ranas of Udaypur. ? But they killed my son, she said. That is why a more nuanced, more appropriate comparison between caste groups would be between parallel groups within groups. There was a dance party at the end with family members young and old and friends from all over the world grooving to English, Nepali, and Hindi songs.The ceremony was long and emotional. Nepali society is based on caste system. are not there. . And I m from upamanyu gotra. Lets have a look. Language links are at the top of the page across from the title. Yes exactly newar people can wear janai too so let me know brotherhood, . The surname Shahi (Arabic: , Bengali: , Hindi: , Marathi: , Oriya: ) is more frequently found in Iran than any other country/territory. The image, for instance, lists a number of the ethnic groups belonging to the third caste, the Enslavable Alcohol-Drinker caste. Does anybody knows the ancestor of Sainju newar. Plus, you have increased my storehouse of knowledge about Nepali society and our hierarchical social systems. m Shrestha ho tar malae mero gotr thaha xoin k hola mero gotr?? The gradation does NOT end there. There is a clear pattern of police personnel in various parts of the country refusing to even register cases filed by Dalit victims: The suspicious death of Jenisha Nepali in Jajarkot, the rape of Gandhi Sah in Siraha, and the beating of Manika Sunar for contaminating water are just a few examples of cases in the past two years in which the identifiable perpetrators were clearly not punished. You cannot compare Newar and its hierarchy with other Janajati ethnic groups and their hierarchy. to Vaishya (Tamrakar, Tuladhar, Kanskar, Halwai, Panchthariya etc.) Surname > Caste/Community/Ethnicity > Clan/Sub-caste/Gotra 1. Here Shahi is a Jat clan. The Gurung caste is known for being hard working and strong. (tradition) and therefore must be followed, so goes the argument anyway! The Dalits The following surnames have claim Thakuri status but are not corroborated by governmental inclusivity organizations or historical sources:[14]. Having said this, I completely agree with you on the point that there is internal hierarchies among Newars as with other groups. ], SetoPati (July 16, 2021). What all of that also boils down to is that two randomly picked Nepalis will likely be able to tell where their taha (social place) is relative to the other based on the combination of their facial features and/or their names and/or their surnames. Again, a point you make that I agree with wholeheartedly: That is why a more nuanced, more appropriate comparison between caste groups would be between parallel groups within groups. Such a treatment would elucidate more and educate a reader more on our social systemsbut beyond the scope of this blog post, which is about why there is hardly any inter-caste arranged marriage, or even arranged marriages between members belonging to the same ethnic groups but come from different communities. This is based on the notions of caste and varna and on the holy Hindu books, most prominently of the Upanishads. Typically, the groom travels in either a decorated car or horse-drawn carriagePrabodh made the trip by caraccompanied by family members, friends, and often a band, wearing a new outfit, a tika, and a garland of flowers and dubo or durva grass, which is a symbol of long life. How can virtual classrooms help students become more independent and self-motivated learners. If thats how it comes across then the mistake it mine. Their native language is Nepal Bhasha aka Newari.Newar people. Sometimes Chandel [9] At the time of the Nepal census of 2011, 425,623 people (1.6% of the population of Nepal) were Thakuri. Sure, for a long time, many Nepalis from different ethnic groups didnt even come in close, regular, and sustained contact with one another because of the geography of the country and lack of infrastructure. Add below on comment box. The caste system defines social classes by a number of hierarchical endogamous groups often termed jaat. Snehas friend Aditi Rana Shahi, a program associate at Practical Action South Asia, was wed in an arranged marriage this past February. I discovered the reason only as a young adult: his wife came from a family of lower status from ours! Activist Gaura Nepali of the Centre for Dalit Women Nepal says inter-caste marriages could be a powerful tool to end caste-based discrimination. Share. bhayekai newari culture bachau , cast ko jhamela lai choda..tyo caste system malla ko kingdom ma society lai control garne banayeko thiyo , now that system can ne nostalgic but irrevalent now. How many caste are there in Nepal 2021? Love from Canada. That is, who one can create a familial alliance with and in that way, indirectly, serves as a hindrance to establishing alliances with or showing allegiance to or getting too cosy or friendly with just anyone in general. What would be the consequence of marrying outside your family group? As per my knowledge shahi also comes in Muslim bisen rajputs (converted our relatives)and the title shahi is used by Punjabi rajputs and janjua Muslim rajputs. Contributing to that is the lack of knowledge and understanding about one another. It is also a shorter form of Shahryar and is often used in names with a political or aristocratic meaning. Shrestha thinks of himself as a Hindu-Kshatriya of his society and the overarching role as a patron caste and expects to be treated by others as one, and sees the Shahi as a outcaste Shudra. One reason Nepali families marry off their children at such young ages, especially girls, is out of a fear of their child eloping and bringing shame on the family! Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Immense thanks to you for trying to clarify! This almost signifies a goodbye as the bride then leaves the house and goes to the grooms housewhich for me was across international borders.. While politicians have been trying to distract their constituents with nationalist sentiments roused by the border controversy, people from marginalised populations in Nepal, including Dalits, face desperate conditions in the COVID-19 crisis. Acharya > Newar-Brahman > Rajopadhyaya Aditis Hindu marriage to her now-husband Prabodh Shahi was completely arranged by their parents. It was less of a proposal and more of a mutual decision after dating for five years to make it official, says Akriti. The Nepal Monitor, a Nepali human rights organisation, has recorded 26 cases of caste-based discrimination or violence so far this year. Top 30 Bestselling Nepali Books Of Last Decade You DoNot Want To Miss, Untold Story Of Bindu Pariyar, From Village Of Kaski To Dallas Strip Clubs, 28 BEAUTIFUL PICTURES FROM DIFFERENT ETHNIC GROUPS OF NEPAL TO PROVE UNITY IN DIVERSITY, How To Count Points/Maal In Nepali Card Game Marriage? khandayat)and comes from rajput ,in north side this title rarely Caste endogamy (marriage) as well as food and diet rules govern how he treats the Shahi. (Left)On the third day of Prabodh Shahi and Aditi Ranas wedding festivities, the grooms familyperformeda pujaceremony and then walked to the brides familys home in a parade called thejanti. Amid the COVID-19 pandemic and continued lockdown when the poor Nepalis are struggling to make their ends meet, Nepal is shocked by the deaths of Dalit boys - who were the victims of caste-based discrimination in an incident at Rukum West, Karnali Province. Blog. Having said all that, in some instances, the reason for self-segregation is as much just based on the perception of one another by the members themselves and mutual history as on anything else. Groom Prabodh Shahi walking in the janti parade en route to bride Aditi Ranas familys home. A title of Rajput ruling families. ), their idea of high-low was not based on Hindu ideals of pollution and purity, hence they did not traditionally have Brahmin priests nor untouchable castes. (Right) Family and guests at the janti parade. Many Maithili brahmins also migrated to Kathmandu valley during that period and afterward. Due to this people marry in their caste and avoid same gotra. What is this? Urmila said Nabaraj, one of four children, had just passed the physical exam to join the police force. to the untouchables (Kasai/Shahi, Kulu, Jogi, Dhobi, Pode, Chyame, etc.) What percentage would have been inter-caste love marriage? They are often hired by the British military as Gorkha soldiers because of their work ethic and bravery. Thakuri ( Nepali: ) is a royal tribe of Nepal. While choosing a wedding date with an astrologer is a common thread through most Nepali weddings, beyond that, they are as varied as the Nepalese people. She tweets @AbhaLal2. Of course, again, only seven are shown for illustration. Furthermore, members belonging to pretty much every one of the rest of the seven named ethnic groups could likely describe the status of their own ethnicity relative to the rest. It consists of the historical ruling class, and is made up of the descendants of the Great Khasa Malla kingdom rulers of the Baisi and Chaubisi principalities. Dhakhwa is also from same Shakya Clan but not mentioned above. as the aspirations of the disadvantaged groups like the Janajati and Madheshi were not addressed, most of them . [8] Most of the Thakuris are agriculturalists in Western Nepal except few aristrocratic families in the capital city. All four families overlapping with them, our Shrestha family here could potentially establish a familial alliance with through marriage. Shrestha is in chathariya, if you don't know the history don't waste your time writing these all. These days an astrologer might come up with a few auspicious dates, she says. Dalit villagers in Tamakhani, Solukhumbu, Nepal. Vajracharya, and Bare - Shakya, Bhikshu, Gurju, Tuladhar, Bania, Sikarmi (Sthapit), Awa, Tamrakar, Kansakar, Sikhrakar, Sindurakar, Rajkarnikar, Halwai, SIlakar, Maharjan, Dangol, Singh, Suwal, Desar, Rajbahak, Kumhal, Prajapati, Kumah, Awale, Awal, Shilpakar, Ka:mi, Pahari. About 3 out of 4 females, for example, had still been teenagers when they were married (off)! Nepal's Caste Problem: Dalits Bear Brunt Of Pandemic, State Apathy. And then, the couples families pick one.. Because the truth is worth it.). Thats a lot of them! The latter are of lower status. The latter part of the ceremony was extremely emotional for me, especially when my family provided me with blessings and gifts. Bajiko caste is falls in newar caste list or not. The Dalits live at the bottom of Nepals traditional social order, known as the caste system, a 2000-year-old Hindu custom that violates civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights by many international standards. The return procession or janti upto of the bride and groom is similar to the janti of the groom, but the bride and members of her family now join the procession with a brass band taking the lead. The former royal family of Nepal also belong to this tribe. If you love reading our post, support us to keep it up. We are sainju Newar. In this follow up blog post, I go into the details of how the intricate gradations dictates a crucial activity: family alliances, i.e. I dont dispute that. As for within Bahuns, the highest caste, the Upadhayay, for example, occupy the top spot! in Nepali meanings Shahi in English. Akriti always knew she wanted to get married at home KathmanduI have beautiful memories there. Her wedding started with three days of both Nepali and Indian traditions in Kathmandu and the festivities continued in Jaipur. Which is the most important river in Congo? The janti officially kicks off the wedding festivities, and the procession looks downright cinematic. As for Newars being placed in the Un-enslavable Alchohol Drinking group, sure, again SOME newars might not be or maybe even should not be placed in this caste group. Nepalis being pretty closed and inward-looking as a people in general. Supriya Manandhar, Dewan Rai, June 15, 2020, Kathmandu. ( ) Excellent interview with Aahuti about the history of the Caste System in Nepal going as far back as 3.5K years!! Nepal caste attack turns deadly, Prabir Dadel "They killed our son, . Likewise among the non-caste Janajati groups, 4 jaat/16 jaat Gurung would be aptly compared to 12 and 18 Tamangs, or the Rana Tharu/Athpariya Tharu divide and the 7 main clans of Magars. [4], In alphabetical order, the commonly known Thakuri surnames are:[11][12][13]. Gotra means subdivisions of the castes represent more close relations of family. family, was Chandla. Kanya Daan is also known as the giving away of the bride, and it includes that last rituals that take place at the brides house before she goes with the procession to the grooms house. Here Shahi is a Jat clan. Activists fear the police will not treat the deaths of the four Dalits seriously. Now a days Achajus are known as Karmacharya. The brilliance of the insidious caste system, to me, is what Ambedkar calls its inherent graded inequality.. Home Minister Ram Bahadur Thapa is reported to have said that the young men ran and jumped into the river, and Attorney General Agni Kharel stated that the facts collected by the government-formed probe committee may be different from facts reported in the media. found . To begin with, many families do put their children even adult children through mental and emotional agony over marriage. The rules of difference is rather based off of clan or tribal differences or myths that propagated over the centuries that made 4-jaat superior over the other. Correct me if Im wrong, but Ive always thought that Subedi(s) belong to shudderingly stinking Baahun community. Caste endogamy (marriage) as well as food and diet rules govern how he treats the Shahi. He also claimed that the community had to face several problems after they were enlisted as Dalits. Why Aganja is not mentioned? Are they not? What are the duties of a sanitary prefect in a school? Nearly zero!Anyway, to reiterate, Nepalis are FORCED to& dolive in completely different worlds&realities based pretty entirely on their #casteeven those w/ exactly d same educational background+, Dorje Gurung, ScD (h.c.) (@Dorje_sDooing) December 1, 2020. Famous for its high peaks and wind-whipped prayer flags, Hindu-majority Nepal used to be a nation unreached by Christianity. To find your choice, press Control+F and type the surname to see which caste/community/ethnic group and sub-caste/clan it falls under. This couple met two years before their big day. Manjit Tamrakar, former acting president of the National Dalit Commission, called the incident a Dalit massacre. Marrying and living within relatively small bubbles and valuing those within those bubbles more than others has some dire consequences for the society, which will be the topic of follow up blog posts. The point of this blog post is to argue how the hierarchies within an ethnic group (whatever the reason or explanation for the hierarchies themselves are) prevent arranged marriages between families from different communities but belonging to the same ethnic group. I think Shilpakar also belongs to the craftsman group. Originally a natural religion, this caste has always been very proud of being a Thakuri. But the important thing to note is that ALL eight families would belong to Shrestha and/or of similar high status/caste Newar communities. Shahi are also from the Clan of Gills. Thank you for your response and please dont think of my response as a criticism of your post, I just wanted to add that one bit which I thought was worthy of a mention. After hearing that Nabaraj's body had been found that night in the river, Gobinda's mother Bima Kumari was so worried she sent her eldest son . And that extends to between ethnic groups within a caste (see image below) and of course also between castes as well. As for the communities that make up ethnic groups, the Newars for instance, have their own high castes (such as the Shresthas, the Pradhans etc.) I think you need to make yourself clear on this basic fundamental concept first as to why comparison between a Newar Shrestha and Shahi is not actually same as comparing a Gurung 4 jaat and 16 jaat. In July 2019, SNV and Thantikandh Rural Municipality Chair Mr Dhir Bahadur Shahi embarked on a project to reinvigorate the municipality's WASH-CC. A reception was later hosted by Prabodhs family at Hotel Annapurna, located in the heart of Kathmandu. Added after the publication of the blog post because of their relevance. Shrestha, Mulmi, Madhikarmi (Halwai), Bhaju, Kakchapati, Nyachhyon, Nagarkoti, Sivacharya, Mulmi, Madhikarmi (Halwai), Bhaju, Kakchapati, Nyachhyon, Nagarkoti, Sivacharya, etc. All a legacy of of generations of conscious and deliberate social segregation and poor education. What caste is Shahi in Nepal? Both weddings took place in Nepal and neither was short on vibrant color, but while one was a by-the-book union set up by the bride and the grooms parents, the other was a complete melding of two different cultures. CN Fashion & Beauty, Use of and/or registration on any portion of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (updated 5/25/18) and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement (updated 5/25/18). Again, to begin with, thank you for your long and considered comment. To conclude, a large majority of Nepalis, whether high, middle, low, or some other in-between status, socialize and work and, therefore, spend a large chunk of their time with members within the three inner circles. According to the 2011 Census Report, the population of Nepal is made up of 126 caste/ethnic groups! Sedai, Saunak, Shahi Atri () : Adhikari, Arjel/Arjyal, Bam (Raakse Thakuri . A vast majority were likely arranged marriage between couples from the same or similar social status. Choosing a wedding date in Nepalthe small mountainous country nestled in between China and Indiahas always been a big deal. /shh/ imperial adjective before noun. [7], Thakuris constitute the aristocracy and possess the high social, ritual and political status. A single rose decorating the car groom Prabodh Shahi rode in during the janti parade. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. (Incidentally, I am NOT a Gurung, contrary to what my surname says.) Speaking truth to power requires allies like you. They kept their relationship platonic for a year before they eventually started dating, and the two saw each other for five years before things became more serious. Though love marriages are much more popular than they once were, arranged marriages are also still quite common, and caste generally determines these matches in rural parts of the country. According to the 2011 Census Report, the population of Nepal is made up of 126 caste/ethnic groups! what are the 3 odd numbers just before 200 003? To respond to itin the first point you make, I am Not sure I understand what you mean by 1. Most of the Dalit murder cases are due to love affairs or marriage to upper castes, said Bishwo Bhakta Dulal (Aahuti), a Dalit activist. , , I m from upamannyu gotra but we used to write shrestha so may I know details of upamannyu Hottas surnames, Katila is also newar surname it is on (Panchthariya), Rajbanshi, Rajbhandari,Malla,Had etc are pure Rajputs. ), (At The Quint, we are answerable only to our audience. Among the three named ethnic groups (in the image above) belonging to the Non-enslavable Alchol-Drinker castes Newar, Gurung, and Magar Newars likely see themselves as being of higher status than the other two. 1. 2. I hope that helps clarify some of your objections! K yo pode bhaniyara hepiyako ki just giving answer give me a reply, Yo answer hoki hepiyara vaneko give me a reply. Mallas family, of a privileged caste, did not want a Dalit son-in-law, and got 50-60 villagers of Soti to chase BK and his friends to the Bheri river and brutally beat them. However, Nepali Language is also spoken by a large number of Newar people. These two horrific incidents are among the 27 cases of caste-based discrimination and violence that Nepal Monitor has compiled in 2020 alone, and Dalit activists say that many more cases have gone unreported. In the eyes of this uncles siblings and relatives, he had lost his higher status and therefore he and his family needed to be treated like an unequal.. During the sangeet, toasts were given and the newlyweds did their first dance to a Bollywood song from the movie Baar Baar Dekho: Nachde Ne Saare. There were choreographed performances, speeches by my parents, a friend from Australia, and Sams cousins, remembers Akriti. Ruling party lawmaker Janardan Sharma, who represents West Rukum (where Soti village is located) in the House of Representatives, has been accused of having close ties with the perpetrators. Acharya > Bahun > Kaudinya (Purbiya) 2. The stone inscriptions of these kings and the Rajatarangini have the form Sahi. Its not unheard of for couples from vastly different social status to elope and get married on their own for fear of their families preventing them from tying the knot. At the swayambar, priests from both the bride and grooms sides were present to conduct the traditional Hindu ceremony that would officially marry the couple. But as it is, this blog is very insightful and deserves to be seen by more Nepali people to understand the social complexities of our nation. Are you belonging upamanyu gotra aasma acharju ?? Though he died in Hariharpur Gadhi (present-day Sindhuli district) his family made it to Kathmandu. In the Muluki Ain, Newars were placed in 4 of the 5 divisions, so no Newars are not just an Un-enslavable Alcohol Drinking group like you have consistently but wrongly described. The caste system defines social classes by a number of hierarchical endogamous groups often termed jaat. Buddhacharya Pani chaina ho.Gotra chahi k huncha BAJRACHARYA,buddhacharya haru ko?? [5] Many historians contended that the theory of Rajput descent was used for political purposes by the various ruling families of Nepal. February 2021. Meanwhile, Snehas cousin, Akriti Shrestha, who now works as a psychologist in Australia, married an Indian man from Jaipur the same month. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. The Courts would only look into the notification issued by the President to see whether the name finds place in the notification. Meanwhile, sending a letter to the NKSS, the NDC said it has removed Khadgis from the list, Rain halts Nepal vs UAE high-stakes match in ACC Premier Cup final, NRB revises ceiling for exchange of US dollars, US Ambassador Berry meets NCP chair Dahal. The Nepalese government has established an independent high-level committee to investigate the killings of six young men, including four Dalits, whose deaths drew condemnation from the UN human rights chief. There is stratification within pretty much every ethnic group. On the last day of their Hindu wedding, the bride prepares to leave her home. The slow and platitudinous responses of both government officials and non-Dalit Nepalis to the murders are especially striking when contrasted with the immediate action that was taken over the recent border row with India, when the government tabled a constitutional amendment in Parliament to give legal backing to a new map that shows Kalapani, Lipulekh and Limpiyadhura as part of the countrys territory. The Tangbetanis, my community, originally from the village of Tangbe, are one of the lower status people among the Mustangis. That is, stratification exists between the groups that make up each social group in the case of all but the High Castes, the ethnic groups. The party carried on until very late with music and drinks. Returning to our Shrestha family (belonging to family group 1). Nepali sociologist Harka Bahadur Gurung noted that the Thakuri is the Nepalese version of the Hindi word Thakur which means 'master of the estate'. All rights reserved. What are d chances of our social worlds over-lapping in a significant manner? You cannot compare Newar and its hierarchy with other Janajati ethnic groups and their hierarchy. All I did was point out/use the fact that there is stratification/grading WITHIN every ethnic group too (in addition to grading between the five castes) including within Newars, Gurungs, and Mustangis. Similarly, within Gurungs, the likelihood of a Ghale Gurungs family, char jat Gurung, being amenable to one of theirs marrying with or into one belonging to a Solah jat Gurung would likely be low or even zero. Raute elders are convinced that their ancestral traditions will survive into the future. What time does normal church end on Sunday? Once at the house, relatives and friends were treated to a traditional type of feast called bjoh to celebrate the marriage. As with many other societies of Arabia or China or Europe, such a society stems from ruler-serf traditions where 4-jaat were probably the ruling/powerful clans who overtime dominated other groups and developed the sense of superiority. And of course, within the community of Tangbetanis, while there are those one cannot obviously marry because of, again, patrilineage, there are also those one SHOULDNT marry because of their lower status within the community or cant hope to marry because they come from a higher status family! But discrimination against people from lower castes is still common. Khadgi, a caste within the Newar community, has been taken out of the list of Dalits from the proposed draft of an ordinance to form the National Dalit Rights Commission, following objections from the Nepal Khadgi Sewa Samiti (NKSS). When i was a child, I remember being instructed to NOT do and not doing many of the things with one uncle and his family (including his children, my first cousins) that I was able to do with the rest of my uncles, aunts, and first cousins. The next morning, rituals started at 4:00 a.m., remembers Aditi. The Nepal Monitor, a Nepali human rights organisation, has recorded 26 cases of caste-based discrimination or violence so far this year. Which is the lower caste in Nepal? Satya Mohan Joshi (1920- 2022), Scholar of history and culture, Swor Samrat Narayan Gopal (1939-1990), Singer, Joshi, Malla, Pradhananga, Pradhan, Rajbhandari, Amatya, Vaidya, Maskey, Kayastha, Rajvanshi, Patrabansh, Mathema, Lakhey, Hada, Karmacharya, Guruvacharya. According to my grandfather they used janai thats all i know, Actualy some chathariya shrestha newar belongs to Brhamin family of mithila..But there is some wrong happened from our malla Kings Because they made caste by work field but some jyapu also worked in durbar and there sure name become shrestha and now they don't have gotra..in my opinion, But I m belonging from upamannyu gotra so smoothly let me know my brotherhood, I wanna know originate fromwhere upamannyu Hottas newar, You can also wear jeneu 6 Dora if you're pure shrestha.

Ca Certificate Service 182 Howard Street, How Much Did Ralph Lauren Get Paid For Friends, Articles S

shahi caste in nepalBe the first to comment on "shahi caste in nepal"

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. blaga petreska biografija.