synology photos face recognition

It is easy to expand storage capacity whenever you want to without increasing subscription fees. Supports conditional albums that automatically add matching photos according to set conditions. Note: Synology Photos replaces Synology Photo Station and Moments and requires DSM 7.0 or above. So, if a person happens to be looking away from the camera in a photo (or the automatic facial recognition simply fails to work), then users are out of luck. There are automatic albums that are created named People (must be enabled by an administrator), Places, Tags, Videos, and Recently Added. At that point, the media file will be deleted from your device and accessed directly from your NAS to save local storage. Create personalized photo collections by grouping them into customized folders or albums. and our Quickly find your best moments with an intuitive design and powerful filters. and our If hardware doesn't match with library, then it won't work. Are you sure you want to create this branch? Copyright 2023 Synology Inc. All rights reserved. Fixed an issue where photos uploaded to the home/Photos folder through File Station might not be indexed properly. You may not able to use it in Synology. The Shared Space is an interesting area that conflicts with shared Albums, in my opinion. It also hurts that Synology removed the Subjects feature that existed in Synology Moments (highlighted below), as that greatly enhanced searching and in its current release, makes the search capability in Synology Moments better than Synology Photos. The paths below are the exact folder locations that Synology Photos stores the actual photo/video file. 2 NoodleXF 1 yr. ago So it really is just a backup feature then. Easily integrate third-party products or services with Surveillance Station with the API files we provide. Synology provides complete solutions that keeps sensitive personal data safe. DISCLAIMER: The majority of my photos were migrated from Google Photos to Synology Moments, then to Synology Photos. The video playback performance was significantly better on iOS than it was on Android, but this could also be iOS favoring local playback whereas Android always tries to stream it from the NAS. When a photo is uploaded to the Shared Space, it will automatically be written to the photo folder. If hardware doesn't match with library, then it won't work. Automatic face recognition and tagging in the People album may increase resource consumption. The mobile applications designed for iOS and Android are extremely similar. Powerful metadata filters drill down by camera, lens, location data, faces, and much more. Fixed an issue where long file names might not be completely displayed in the task queue. News, discussion, and community support for Synology devices. This commit does not belong to any branch on this repository, and may belong to a fork outside of the repository. However, I feel like it would be better if there was more of a differentiation between the Shared Space and Shared Albums because they both can be managed and used extremely similarly. This is particularly important due to searching, which we will get to a little later. Supports using customized domain names as the prefix of share links. Cookie Notice Maybe you can upload photo by App "DS File", it can specify the uploaded folder out of homes. The patch for libsynosdk.so.7 will allow remote NFS/CIFS shared folder be used in VideoStation, AudioStation and Photos etc. The mobile apps DS photo and Moments are not compatible with Synology Photos. Detect whether or not people are wearing a mask, and send an alert notification to your security personnel to take action if necessary. Please set the original tasks to back up Synology Photos instead. You need to identify them one by one. You can also limit albums to photos or videos and a specific time (great for trips where you want all photos in a specific album). Please refer to. This does help the tool when youre uploading future pictures, so future additions should be categorized better, but there is a massive cleanup that must initially occur. Fixed an issue where users might not be able to scroll down or view the Access Permission page of Shared Space. While I find the facial recognition strong, some userspreferto have more faces recognized, so this can be an indirect benefit to some. The Places album is a list of locations based on the metadata crawled in by the application. Final Thoughts Synology Photos Overview & Review, How to Replace a Failed Drive on a Synology NAS, How to Access a Synology NAS Remotely with DDNS, How to Empty the Recycle Bin on a Synology NAS. Then download the Synology Photos app from the Apple App Store or Google Play to begin backing up and saving storage space on your smartphone. Sort, organize, and build beautiful albums in any way you want. Obviously this is Synologys choice. Open Synology Photos - click on the 'Letter' in the top right of the screen (in my case it is and S) - select Settings - select 'Personal' tab - scroll down and click 'Enable the People Album in Personal Spaces' Now when you go into albums you will see the 'People' Album. Easily find the best photo for your clients or memories that matter using timeline or folder view. The library which Synology uses can call different NN model according to different Synology models, and uses GPU to speed up. 7. The keyword there is most, as some people will still find it lacking in certain areas that are important to them. I am running Synology DSM 7.0 beta and I am quite impressed with how Synology Photos recognized faces from close to 33k photos with great accuracy. Whether you have hundreds or tens of thousands of files, Synology Photos makes it easy to manage everything. Synology Photos utilizes Synology's home service, which means that all users on your NAS will have a personal space to upload their photos/videos. The library which Synology uses can call different NN model according to different Synology models, and uses GPU to speed up. Is there a way to move this photos app from volume 2 to volume 1. So, youre left navigating to each subfolder and uploading the contents, or searching for all files inside of that folder and uploading them that way. All reviews and suggestions are solely the authors opinion and not of any other entity. Setup is a bit more complex then installing Photos. After the process was complete and I finished naming people, for one person "Photos" started, out of no where, adding new pictures randomly (of cars, mountains etc. Supports the exclusion of uploading and displaying specified file extensions. If youre interested in editing photos, searching photo context (which was better in Moments than Photos), or easily sharing photos with people outside of your local network, the experience will start to suffer. This article introduces the key differences between the three packages and lists the migratable and dropped items/features. For example, when a blacklisted person is detected, an alarm can be sounded to deter them. Only allow authorized operator to view the personal information of identified persons (e.g. Synology Photos 1.4.0-0458 requires DSM 7.2 and above. Another downside is photos that are stored on the individual device can be viewed (even without a connection to the NAS), but on Android, videos will not play without connecting to the NAS. Allows users to select albums shared by others to which they have Provider permissions when adding photos to albums. Also a reindexing did not trigger face recognition again. Unfortunately it is not possible to tag someone who has not been recognised by Facial Recognition in Synology Photos. More exactly, the Facial Recognition option for Synology Photos is no longer available for certain NAS models in DSM 7.0 Beta. All-in-one photo and album management Browse automatically generated albums grouped using facial recognition, geolocation, tags, file types, and taken time/date. Please view our complete disclaimer at the bottom of this page for more information. Supports generating thumbnails via web browsers to reduce server load during photo uploads. A folder named photo is used to categorize all the photos inside of the Shared Space. If youre interested in seeing the migration process, you can watch the videos below: I am going to do my best to break down all aspects of Synology Photos in this overview. This is a fairly important feature to many, so it's a little odd that something like this isn't . DS918+ might need this patch and it depends on CPU and GPU, I would strongly recommend to use GPU if it works. You can post now and register later. Take advantage of a complete photo storage and management solution. If you care about strictly backing up your photos/videos and being able to share them, Synology Photos is a great tool. Synology created a Shared Space that allows users on the same NAS to collaborate and share photos and videos easily. Therefore, my Places library is particularly shallow compared to what I would expect. After updating to DSM 7.0, Hyper Backup tasks that include Synology Moments and Photo Station will no longer back up the two packages. Pre-define a watchlist; when a person on that list has been detected, an event notification will be sent to alert the administrator to take appropriate action. During the DSM 6 to DSM 7 upgrade, both of these applications were migrated to Synology Photos. Supports filtering the Photo Request list by subject. Or Moments must be moved to DSM 7 too. Fixed an issue where album sharing settings might not display properly when certain ad-blocking browser extensions (e.g., AdGuard) are enabled. I truly hope that Synology continues to build the Photos application and it continues to improve. Do re-index from Synology Photos' setting. It is your choice. This function existed in the prior program and has been removed and "might" be added back. Please change 'jinlife' to your own account. Install Synology Photos on your Synology NAS with DSM 7.0 to get started. Find your photos in an instant with a responsive and intuitive interface. If youd like specific users to access this area, an administrator can give the user account permission. DS3615xs might need this patch and it depends on CPU. The facial recognition on Synology Photos is incredibly strong. Let Synology Photos Face Recognition Works Without GPU Support, Forces With CPU in DS918+, Tutorial: Install/Migrate to DSM 7.x (TCRP), download patch from developer's github (check your version before download it). The Sharing section allows a specific user to see exactly what they shared with others, and what was shared with them. A tag already exists with the provided branch name. Synology Deep Learning NVR has the following features2: Only pay once for the hardware and camera licenses; all video analysis functions and software updates are free of additional costs. There are a few downsides to the applications that must be highlighted. Use it at your own risk, you might lose data with this patch. But if I uninstall the app and reinstall on vol 1, I lose all the settings, config and most importantly face recognition and indexation data.

3737 Main Street, Suite 400 Riverside, Ca 92501, Rare Beauty Net Worth 2022, Sandro Masmanidi Where Is He Now, Universal Electric Shield Power Cord, Articles S

synology photos face recognitionBe the first to comment on "synology photos face recognition"

synology photos face recognition

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. blaga petreska biografija.